Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Seed Shopping List

I've been scouring the Rohrer Seed catalog in anticipation of the annual pilgrimage to their shop in Pennsylvania. Following is my current shopping list. All the seeds I need for the 2010 garden with the exception of the basil, oregano, and parsley seeds I've already bought from Lowes.

Corn1/4 poundSeneca Snowshoe$5.79
1/4 poundArgent$4.59
MelonspktAmbrosia$2.99
pktEarli-Dew$2.99
pktBush Jubilee$0.99
SquashpktBlack Beauty Zucchini$0.99
EggplantspktLong Purple$1.69
Peas1 poundEarly Frosty$4.99
Spinach1 ozBloomsdale Long Standing
Melody Hybrid
$1.99 $3.99
TomatoespktAmish Paste
San Marzano
$1.79 $1.59
Nasturtium1/2 ozWhirly Bird$5.99
MarigoldspktSpry Boy$1.99
TurnipspktPurple Top White Globe$0.99
BeetspktBaby Ball$2.79
Pole Beans2 ozKing of the Garden$1.99


From Lowes I already bought Ferry-Morse Oregano, Sweet Basil, and Plain or Single Parsley. I've started some indoors under my new grow light. Perhaps I'll be able to harvest some before the outdoor garden even gets started and freeze it in ice cube trays with a little water or oil for use in spaghetti sauce later. I've seen recommendations of 2 Tbsp olive oil to 1 cup of herbs. I'll grow some of these herbs in the garden too.

Edit 3/4/2010: I changed my mind about the varieties of Spinach and Tomatoes, and decided to add Pole Beans to the garden. The edits have been added to the table above.

No comments:

Post a Comment