Thursday, April 9, 2009

Pansies and Lettuce

It's late to be planting pansy seeds. I wanted to plant them a while ago... 2 to 4 weeks before the last frost. But this was the first time since I bought them that it wasn't raining and the cultivator was ready and I wasn't out of town. So I dug up some ground and sprinkled some seeds and raked a bit of dirt over them. We'll see how they do. The daffodils, tulips, and hyacinths in the same bed are looking lovely.

I also planted some lettuce today, so now in the veggie garden, I've got a row of peas, a row of spinach, and a row of mixed lettuce. The first two are well sprouted. Unfortunately in the last week I've been away a lot for a conference and visiting friends, so the weeds have gotten ahead of me. But the cultivator seems to do a very good job of loosening the soil enough to get them out without too much trouble. Hurrah!

No comments:

Post a Comment