Sunday, May 31, 2009

Spinach Harvest and Photo Update

I've been harvesting lettuce and spinach for a few weeks now, but the spinach was starting to bolt, and weeds were starting to get a bit out of control, and I had lima beans in serious need of transplanting... so....

Today, I harvested the last of the spinach, which I intend to saute soon. Then Dave tilled up the area where the spinach was, as well as the grassy row where I wanted to plant limas, and some of the slightly overgrown paths. And the garden looks beautiful. At least I think so. Check it out.



And I've got plenty of space ready to plant/transplant my lima beans, green beans, watermelons, zucchini, and tomatoes (yes, I gave in to temptation and the lure of more space than I planned to have and will be planting Italian tomatoes with the intent of making salad, tomato soup, and spaghetti sauce). I'm excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment