Saturday, March 21, 2009

2010 Veggie Garden?


In the name of crop rotation, and growing all my favorites but not all at once, I have designed a completely different garden for next year.

If the theme of this year's garden was all the good stuff that's better fresh from the garden, then the theme of next year's garden is the spaghetti sauce garden (with other nightshades and some strawberries thrown in because they're yummy and I have the space).

Actually, the strawberries fit better with the corn and watermelon, which is perfect because they won't have much if any harvest the year they're first planted. And the following year, I'll be back to yummy fresh stuff.

Of course, this is all way early planning and a lot could happen to change my mind between now and then. But I figure I may as well record my thoughts now, because I just might stick with the plan... and I'd like to remember it. ;)

So, on the agenda for 2010 we have eggplant, bell pepper, zucchini, tomato, basil, oregano, potatoes, and strawberries.

No comments:

Post a Comment