Friday, March 27, 2009

Another Shopping Trip at Kingstown

We bought the manure and the soaker hoses at Kingstown Farm Home and Garden, one of my favorite places to buy gardening supplies. Yesterday, Matthew and I made another stop there. We got a pair of pruning shears that I'll use to cut back last year's dead growth in my flower bed, and probably for other things too.

I also got a packet of pansy seeds. If I can get away with sowing them directly in the garden, I can get more plants for 1/10 the price. The packet I got says you can plant the seeds outside 2-4 weeks before the last frost.

Uh, we'll call the last frost date April 15 - tax day. Which means I can plant them anytime! Maybe even today. Ann says it's lovely weather out. 60 degrees. :)

Packet for the Pansies says 1/8" deep, 1" apart, thin to 4-6" apart when 1" tall. Emerges in 10-20 days. Hopefully they'll do well.

No comments:

Post a Comment