Saturday, March 21, 2009

My Favorite Garden Tools

If Matthew cooperates, I'll try to get some more weeding done this afternoon, now that I know those clumps are not poison ivy. Meanwhile, here's a photo of my favorite garden tools for that task.

My mother-in-law introduced me to the trake - a combination shovel and rake that is both lightweight and sturdy. It's absolutely perfect for its job. One Amazon.com reviewer pointed out that the length, balance, and leverage are perfect. I agree.

The gloves have rubberized palms and fingers all the way up to the last knuckles. This is important so the dirt and mud don't enter the glove above the rubberized portion and work their way down and under your fingernails. Yuck. I'm not sure what brand this pair is, but I just bought another pair just like them with the name Boss Dirt Digger. Mine are women's medium and purple.

Last, but not least, is my recently purchased garden rocker. I've used it only once so far, but I love it. Definitely worth the 25 bucks I paid. It's a back saver, so you don't have to kneel or bend to weed. Instead, sit comfortably and lean forward, rocking a bit if you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment