Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Soil Testing

I collected a sample of dirt from my new garden for testing. This was a while ago. Before the rain (still misting), before the cow manure, before the peas were planted, etc. It's been sitting in a dishpan drying and waiting to be sent off for analysis.

Ann picked up some soil test bags labeled Agri Analysis, Inc. from somewhere in Centreville. She offered to drop mine off there today since she'll be in Centreville for a meeting. I presume this is associated in some way with University of Maryland or the Extension service or something, but I don't know any more details.

The test costs $13 (another step toward that $64 tomato?) and should be well worth it because it'll tell me what could be improved about my soil for the future.

As an aside, Google Weather's forecast for today through Friday is 54/34, 61/43, 58/31, and 49/31 with rain today and Thursday. Not bad weather for germinating. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment